Monday, March 19, 2007

One Crazy Weekend

This weekend started with our all-site gathering in NOLA. This was NOT a good day for me. Due to some issues (see previous blog entry) that continued and got worse, I had a breakdown at our meeting. Full on sobbing. I spent the weekend figuring out what this meant exactly. Basically what it comes down to is I need someone in this program to recognize that the work I'm doing is hard and important to me. I know this is entirely not biblical and the only person I need to prove myself to is God, but still I can't help but feel that if I am made to hold up my end of this program, the program better damn well be holding up its end.

Continuing. We left New Orleans at 4 only to sit in traffic for literally two hours without moving. Since I needed to be in Gulfport for a show that night at 6pm, I had a mini-anxiety attack in the car. We rolled up to the theater at 7:15, I walked in, put on my costume (mostly) and walked onstage. It was crazy. I think Jesus knew that if I missed my scene I would breakdown in front of all those kids which just would not be ok.

When I got picked up at the theater, I learned that one of my roommates, Lil George, who stayed in NOLA, was in the hospital with appendicitis. So the whole weekend was spent rotating roommates down to the city to stay with him. He came this morning and is doing well but still out of it and hurting a little.

Saturday and Sunday I felt like I lived at the theater. We had four shows this weekend with 5 more to go. I was a little like a rock star on Saturday night. Linda and I went out for dinner and happened to bump into a bunch of the cast. Linda says they "gushed" over me. I'm not sure I would go that far but apparently I am at least a little cool, which is news to me.

Some exciting things:

Miss Ashley is officially on board at Andy's Club as my assistant. Very exciting.

After talking with some kids at the theater, I may be running a brief acting workshop this spring. Very awesome.

Students currently in the dual degree program at Princeton keep e-mailing me and welcoming me to the program. I am so thankful for this as it keeps a carrot in front of me on difficult days.

Please keep e-mails and cards coming! I miss you guys.

No comments: