Monday, March 05, 2007

My Fried Green Tomatoes Moment and other events of the past few days

- You should know I'm writing this on a Mac (Dave will be happy). We got a couple for Andy's Club and I'm trying to learn how to use them, but the settings aren't the same for Blogger. So no big title for instance.

-I think we've found a good replacement for me for Andy's Club for next year. This woman Ashley that I met seems really perfect so pray that that all works out.

- When I was meeting with said Ashley, this 86 year old woman at PJs, our local coffee shop, started talking to me and sharing her life with me. It was pretty awesome that someone could be so open so quickly. She was a really neat lady (a la Jessica Tandy in Fried Green Tomatoes) and i'm hoping to bump into her again.

-We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese on Friday. It was pretty awesome but we're still working on curbing the mass chaos getting the kids in and out of the van. There's always lots of pushing. I think the kids had fun, though. They were pleased with the crap they could get with their tickets and the massive amount of pizza we bought them.

-I am officially into the dual degree program at Princeton Seminary. Until now I was only accepted into the M.Div but now I'm also in the MA program for youth ministry which means an extra year, for a total of 4. Yess!!!

-We have two birthdays back to back in our house this week so the festivities have begun. We went out to eat in Mobile last night and have another dinner tomorrow along with a camping trip this weekend. Dinner in Mobile was great. We were able to find an awesome restaurant just outside of town because apparrently downtown Mobile rolls up the sidewalks at 9pm. The restaurant was called Felix's Fish Camp and we shut it down because we got there so late. There were also flying moonpies and liquid gold crab soup. Ahh the South.

I'm feeling really busy and overwhelmed these days. Please send love and encouragement.

No comments: