Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thankful

In the past few days, I have been thankful for many things. Here are as many as I can remember.

Having a safe structure in which to live, beautiful weather, the preservation of history, two filling Thanksgiving meals (when some people have none), Tom Teel's Gumbo and the amazing fellowship that followed, feeling like an adult, feeling like a child, my family and their heavy Jersey accents (that you don't realize they have until they pass around the phone at their Jersey gathering while you're cooking in a church kitchen in Mississippi), naps, friends who "get" me and yet are still my friends, strong women in my life, secrets, hearing from people out of the blue, non-stop Christmas music, TV shows on DVD, knowing that I am going home in less than a month, laughter (mostly at my expense), my car, the ability to cry, peace, working technology, my 11th drink free at PJs coffee shop, knowing that I have someplace to go at the end of this year, the tackiness of Christmas, God and all things bigger than me that I don't understand and don't wish to understand, children, a healthy body, and knowing that I have everything I need.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Aw, my bitter Brenna has gone sappy with Holiday Cheer! I love it! And I can't believe I missed it. So good to see you again, girlfriend!
-E