Tuesday, November 21, 2006

How I sold my soul to the Gulfport Little Theatre and other stories.

So I thought I had a production meeting at GLT last night for Godspell, but when I got there (after frantically and extremely rudely running out of an early Thanksgiving dinner) there was no one there. I scratched my head, consulted my planner and went home. When I called the director Miss Pope, she informed me that the times had been changed and since everyone sees everyone there all the time anyway, she forgot to call me. The cool thing about Miss Pope is she's what I want to be when I grow up...no not when I grow up, when I'm old. I can't wait to find out her history as I'm sure she was an extra in some Olivier play or one of the original Follies, you know the type. Anyway, after a long talk on the phone, I think I may have unofficially been handed a producer-like position on this show. Mind you I'm already acting in another show and working full time. Sigh. To quote Oklahoma, I'm just a girl who cain't say no.

Also, on Sunday I volunteered to make costumes for a youth run service at Westminster Presbyterian Church. I don't know where that came from. Somewhere the logic in me should have piped up and said "Hey, remember when you tried to sew that pillow? Right." Luckily there are lots of thrift shops around.

I had lunch yesterday with Sally-Lodge, my favorite Southern Woman pastor. Maybe she's what I want to be when I grow up. I've talked about her before, but I feel like there's no way to capture her essence in writing. Some of my favorite quotes from yesterday- "Eat some pumpkin pie. You need to keep your strength up." and talking about how she looks when she's preaching "a marshmallow with a belt on."

It might be hard to believe, but my room has been FREEZING the past couple of nights. Its been below freezing at night but then warm during the day, leading to some hilarious situations where I look ridiculous with a full coat and hat, scarf, mittens on. Also, our room isn't insulated, one wall is made of cinderblocks, and the windows aren't weatherproofed. Now the fear is the space heater might burn down the church.

I went to the dermatologist this morning somewhat apprehensively, but it was really good. I was relieved that the practice seemed to have been updated since the Civil War and I think the doctor was relieved that I was there only for some mild acne, not any weird growths or mysterious pus. She also didn't judge me at all, which I like.

I extended my at home time so now I'll be in NJ from the morning of the 22nd to Dec 31. My time is already filling up though so call me to book some Brenna time!

I think that was a boring post. If anyone has questions let me know and I can answer them on here.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Stay warm, B! I miss you.
-E