Thursday, February 15, 2007

Rough Days
Some of you may have heard that I've been home this week. Last week my Dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer. We had a few very scary days as we waited on procedures and test results. Fortunately, the cancer hasn't spread at all. Unfortunately, the cancer is very aggressive and my Dad will need to have his bladder removed. Please pray for us as we figure out what this means for both the immediate and long-term future.
In the mean time, I'm staying home another week unexpectedly. I've had alot of assurrance that my presence is needed here at this time especially with the surgery coming up next week. I'm just trying to let go of some things back in Mississippi and trusting that God will let everything there stay in tact while I'm gone.
I was glad to sit and watch the snow yesterday from inside the warmth and comfort of my house. Going out in it today was NOT fun though. I remembered why I hate the cold and how annoying the snow can be (for example it took us about 15 minutes to get the car cleared off...ugh!).
I had a good talk today with our new Pastor, Jen. She seems really eager to help me through my seminary process. I've been really blessed by people who seem to know the ins and outs there well. This is good as I feel that I have no idea what I'm doing.
Anyway...
Feeling strange...
Brenna

3 comments:

St. Casserole said...

We are praying for your Dad and your family.

We miss you but we know you are needed at home.

Thinking of you and missing you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bren...I spoke to your brother and Bec on Monday. I was so sorry to hear the news, but glad to hear the cancer had not spread. We're all pulling for your Dad. I'm sure it's a comfort to your Mom and everyone else that you are home.

Erin said...

B-
I'm loving and missing you from the Gulf, woman. I'm so glad that you have the flexibility to be with your family now. We'll be here with open arms and ears when you need us!
LOVE YOU!
-E