Thursday, January 25, 2007

Movin' on up...

So a few great things happened this week, along with a few less than great things. Firstly the great things:

We are officially moving! Yay! We got to check out our new place this week, although we won't actually move until next Friday. It has 3 rooms and two full baths (girls and boys don't have to share) and we're the first ones to live there. Most importantly, it is a volunteer, work, boss free zone. Very exciting.

Secondly, Andy's Club might be on TV. The ABC affiliate, WLOX, is doing a story on Katrina kids and how they're expressing themselves post storm. I'm excited for this but haven't heard back from Trang (the reporter) since our initial conversation. I think she may be mad that I didn't really know who she was.

On Friday I went to Houma, LA for some fun with our friend Lauren that lives there. We went to see the world renowned (if your world is Houma, LA) Couche Couche band at the Jolly Inn for some Cajun music and dancing. We missed all the locals by about half an hour so it was just us dancing around like idiots and disgracing a whole culture of people in the process. Tons of Fun!

Not so cool: there were pickled quail eggs being sold at the gas station in Houma. Ok spit your vomit out and keep reading.

Also not cool: Both the Saints and the Patriots lost. I now have no reason to watch the superbowl.

Also, I've been left sort of alone to do Andy's Club. I was basically alone before, but now its official. E-mail me if you want details since I can't really talk about it here.

I did have a hilarious Home Depot trip with Sally-Lodge yesterday. We were picking up some things for the new place (she is a decorator extradonaiire) and we decided to do self check-out. Well, as I came to learn, this only really works with a couple of small regularly shaped things. The machine yelled at us ALOT. The person monitoring the self check out area actually had to work...ALOT. It was very funny.

Love you guys!

No comments: