Thursday, January 11, 2007

God is in the Glitter Glue

Yesterday, I received two large boxes of children's books from a family in my church. Awesome. And today I opened my e-mail to find a HUGE list of things being sent to me for the after-school program from PJ at church. I am truly blessed by love from my congregation. The kids love all this stuff- books and craft supplies- because they don't have lots of access to it. I feel great pride in being able to give books away or letting them use as much paper as they want. A million thanks to Binghams and PJ!

That said, sigh, Tuesday was ROUGH again with the kids. We were supposed to have some help from the volunteers who are down here this week but at the last minute they decided they couldn't help because they were too busy preparing for dinner, so it was just me and Sarah Ann, my roommate. It ended up being another one of those days where I feel like most unequipped child handler in the world. I'm hoping for better results today as I have two hearty kids from the youth group nearby coming to help. I hope they aren't scared off right away. It will be interesting though to see how my kids deal with older kids that are authority but not quite adults. Deep breaths, deep breaths...

I'm also praying for the group I've been helping at the community theatre here. There competition is this weekend and while I feel that they have made great strides in their work, I'm not sure how it will hold up to other schools. I think I may be basing this though on Massachusett's standards which are pretty high. They had a dress rehearsal for an audience last night and while it went well, its also one of those things that feels like just one more week of practice would really do them well. I guess that's always the case in drama though.

On a whiny note, its cold here and the heat is not working all the way in my car. This sort of sucks since I don't like the cold. Also, I'm so attached to my car that I worry when she's hurting. I'm not jumping at the chance to return to the Wal-Mart auto center, however. This weekend it needs to happen along with my FAFSA form. Bug me about those things.

No comments: